Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Mid Sept Heatwave



Well we are having a mini Heatwave this week and it doesn't help very much. Numbers today compared to last Wednesday 446-19. We have probably had our best Migration Day, but not our best Banding Day. Our biggest Banding day this year was 5 Birds(3Merlins,2 Sharp-shins) on the 11th. Last Season we had an 8 Bird Day!We are still getting a few Hawks Banded and have a Season total of 28 as of today. Last Season was a total of 65 Hawks and 24 Owls.

We will be starting Owl Banding very soon and we hope to surpass last years total.


2 comments:

mon@rch said...

I think everyone hopes this will be a better owl season this year! Great shots!

Cortez said...

Thanks Monarch! I appreciate you checking my Blog. I am new to this, and admire your site.I only hope I can show something of Interest to others!